Frequently Asked Questions
Absenteeism is, for many organizations, a challenging issue that’s not well understood. We’ve assembled answers to some of the most frequently asked questions to help you navigate this complex topic.
- Q: What are avoidable absences and how are they reduced as part of a strategic approach to Absence Management?
- Q: Why does absenteeism matter?
- Q: How many days per year are people absent?
- Q: What percent of absenteeism is avoidable?
- Q: What are the main causes of avoidable absenteeism?
- Q: How do I find out how much this is costing my organization?
- Q: If my organization has a problem with absenteeism, where should we start?
- Q: Why does avoidable absenteeism continue to be a problem for so many employers?
- Q: What are my peers doing?
- Q: Why can’t my supervisors and managers reduce avoidable absenteeism?
- Q: What are the biggest benefits I can experience if I tackle this problem?
- Q: What kind of return on investment can I expect to see?
- Q: How long will this take to reduce avoidable absenteeism?
- Q: How can an Absence Management professional help my organization reduce avoidable absenteeism?
- Q: What is your approach?
- Q: How do you work with unions when developing an AM plan?
Read about the causes of avoidable absences
Read about the impact avoidable absences has on different types of organizations
Explore some of the free resources to help your organzation better understand absenteeism